8.21.2009

Back to School

I've really missed being a stay-at-home mom this week. I do enjoy my job but I really enjoyed being a full time mom this summer.

My time with Elijah seems so little compared to the week before. The mornings (6:30-7:30) are rushed...get up, get ready, eat, go next door. The afternoons and evenings (4:00-7:00) go by so fast...walk home, read and nap, eat, play a little, bath, bedtime routine, asleep. POOF another day is gone.

I don't mean to sound negative because I know I am blessed in so many ways. Elijah is growing and happy and safe. When I'm at work he is getting wonderful care, attention, and love from our awesome neighbors. I really am lucky because a lot of working moms work more hours and don't have their summers off so I know I shouldn't whine. Matt and I both have jobs (which many do not) and those jobs allow us to live a comfortable life. We really are very blessed.

Elijah is adjusting just fine to a new routine and new environment. It does make me happy to walk into the Nelm's house each afternoon and find my little boy with a smile!

It has been a busy week and the camera hasn't been out at all but I do have a few pictures from about a week and a half ago of Elijah and a playdate he had with his buddies...aren't they cute?

Hunter is a newborn -- maybe 5 weeks in this picture, Elijah is almost 7 months in this picture, Blaine is 3 days younger than Elijah (and is already crawling, pulling up, and nearly walking!), and Noah is 15 months. The mom's ate lunch and chatted while the kiddos played (actually we chased around and tended to the kiddos most of the time but we did get a little eating and chatting in).

See why I'd rather be home all day!Chillin'

I'm thankful for this weekend and have already enjoyed the morning with Elijah. He's down for his first nap so I think I might shut my eyes for a little extra rest this morning as well.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it all goes super fast! Enjoy every minute and know that even though it may be just hours that you see Elijah during the day, those are the best hours of his day!

    ReplyDelete