8.11.2009

Elijah's first trip to the BEACH!

I've been trying to catch up the blog to the current time and I've finally done it! These beach pictures from the weekend were extra motivation! I couldn't wait to get them posted because it was so much fun! The trip was our final hoorah before football took over our lives. We were so glad we decided to go and will always treasure our first trip to the beach as a family of three -- Carolina Beach -- in Wilmington, NC. Enjoy our story...

Well, could there be a cuter boy on the beach?
Clapping -- something his Gram Bailey taught him to do when we were home. He's diggin' the beach!
Our "camp"site. :-)
Hmm, what's this new toy?
Yes, I'm a hunk and I know it!
New position -- practicing my boarding skills for the future!

Elijah discovering sand was one of the coolest things ever! After I convinced him not to eat it, he spent awhile figuring out what it was all about!
Hmmm...what is this stuff?
I think I'll grab some!
Wow, this is really cool stuff!
Dustin' it off!
A couple of hunks!
Really dad? I think I'd rather be back up there with you!
Seriously, those waves are crashing hard!
I'm really not so sure...this is a little bit more water than my tub at home...
Yup, I'm really not too fond of this cold water!
Mommy and Elijah...

Matt was proud of this one, he said "Rachel (our wonderful photographer) ain't got nothing on me!" Ha!

A very nice man walked up and talked to Elijah and offered to take a family shot!
And here is EJ sitting in the beach chair...
Sending a tired signals...
But still happy and clapping! Wow -- this was fun!
And he was out as soon as we took off in the car...
Guess where we headed to next....downtown Wilmington...to a place for dinner....called ELIJAH'S! Can you believe it! How cool! Of course, great picture opportunities there!He was so tired that I think he was SILLY the whole time we were there!
Yummy! That seafood was good!
And he slept the whole way home -- not a peep!
Then on Sunday morning a bath was on the agenda -- sunscreen and sand needed to be taken care of! :-) This was his first bath in the BIG tub!!! He did awesome and loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment