1.15.2010

Christmas Vacation - Orlando

We headed to Greensboro via a rented on car about 2:00 pm on Saturday, Dec. 19th.  With the weather threatening to postpone our trip, we were a bit nervous but luckily had no problems getting to Greensboro or flying out to Orlando-Sanford.  Elijah was a good traveller as he's always been. 

Here's a shot of him as we are waiting to board our plane...
We arrived in Florida with Grandpa and Grandma Wheeler waiting to pick us up at the airport.  We headed to The Villages, got Elijah to bed, and stayed up very late snacking, chatting, and sharing our news that Elijah would be a big brother.  We didn't even have to tell Grandpa Jim...he figured it out rather quickly when I wouldn't have a sip of the Raspberry drink he made for all of us to toast. :-)  Little did he know, we really had lots to toast about!

Grandpa and Grandma were so graciously prepared for a an almost one year old to visit...this was a favorite!  Although his face doesn't express it, Elijah was quite upset if you ran out of energy pushing him around on this car which used to be his daddy's.
A happy boy!  Very glad to see his grandparents!
Matt and I hit one of the many golf courses with the Hinkhouses.  Even though the weather was not all that Florida-like, we enjoyed many outdoor activities.
The Villages were like nothing Matt nor I had seen or experienced before.  Jim and Meg have a beautiful new home and a wonderful place to stay active.  There are so many things to do that I can't begin to list them!
Hello Sunshine!
Matt and I road bikes to the pickle ball courts for some friendly competition.  I won't lie, he won 2 out of 3.  It was so much fun!  I miss being active and competitive!
What a great shot of Elijah with his grandparents.  We were so happy that it worked out for us to visit them and say many thanks for the hospitality, great times, and love while we were there!  We miss you and love you and can't wait to visit again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment