Elijah has really blossomed in the last month! It is such a joy to watch him explore the world around him! He is becoming so independent!
ARMY crawling is his thing! He's quite good at it and can move prettily quickly when motivated! He has learned to go from belly to sitting. The first time I saw this was in the middle of the night. He was crying and I walked in and he was sitting in the corner of his crib. I just had to laugh. It was as if he was stuck sitting in the corner and crying because he was stuck. The first signs of pulling up have emerged as well. We finally moved his crib mattress to the lowest setting...just in time, I would guess!
He is waving hello and good-bye -- when he wants to. He is also pointing. He loves to point at Lauren's picture on the fridge! He points at his favorite things in the books we read ... cows, lambs, cats, and Elmo to name a few. This week he started to throw things and thinks it is quite entertaining...he likes to throw over and over and over again! In the bath tub, he is splashing and spinning and wanting to crawl or stand. He loves his bath toys and smiles as I present each one...Elmo, Cookie Monster, Ernie, rubber ducky (big and small), tugboat, empty soap container. He loves to put his hands in the air for several reasons....pat-a-cake, TOUCHDOWN, and "Sooo BIG." This week, I especially noticed that he has become a bit more vocal. He's never been a very vocal baby but he's been quite jabbery this week with lots of "oh"s and "ba ba ba"s among other babbles. He LOVES to eat and really likes to feed himself! He's had several new culinary experiences....macaroni and cheese & turkey and sweet potatoes in the baby food arena. Bananas, apples, cantaloupe, yogurt, cheese, cheerios, cheese puffs, cooked carrots, squash, and mashed potatoes in the non-baby food category....hmmm, I think that's it! Somebody loves to eat just like his daddy!
Well, I'm sure that I've left something out...but we'll get to the good stuff...PICTURES!
Tonight we attended the NCHS homecoming game! Elijah got to stay up way past his bedtime but had a blast! Here he is with his best bud, Noah!
This is also a picture from today. You can't tell but Elijah lunged off the couch and bumped his face today. Miss Janet caught him by his pants but his little check did get bumped. You could barely tell. He and Belle bumped heads earlier in the week leaving a little bruise as well. This is only the beginning of the BUMPS and BRUISES ! It obviously didn't bother him much as he appears quite happy in this picture! By the way, he makes this funny new scrunched up face and laughs ... his laugh sounds like he is sniffing. It is adorable!
Miss Janet and Holly were trying out some new hair styles! :-) Those eyes are so piercing that you don't even notice his hair, huh!?








No comments:
Post a Comment