
Halloween was a busy day! EJ and I headed to Smithfield, NC to do a little shopping at the outlet mall and then continued to the Bishops game vs. Methodist in Fayetteville, NC. The Bishops got another W! Elijah is such a trooper on these trips! He zonked the entire 90 minute ride home. When we got back to Rocky Mount we stopped by Renae's house to "trick-or-treat" and partake in some wonderful food! Elijah was excited to see Chloe, Noah, and Andrew -- his new friends, as well as Miss Janet, Mr. David, and Holly.
Holly and EJ! She's such a great big "sister"!
Noah, Chloe, Andrew, Holly, and EJ -- posing for a picture!
We didn't leave the costume on for long....Elijah could not wait to play with Chloe (she's a month older than him).
What a LONG day but we still played before bed....actually, can you guess what he was doing in this picture? Don't you just love his BAT pjs?
Nighty, night! Those eyes just get me everytime!Little did I know that EJ's runny nose over the weekend was actually the first sign of a double ear infection. We had ROUGH Sunday and Monday nights -- poor Elijah (and poor mommy (& daddy too)). I stayed home with him on Monday morning...he seemed okay during the day other than a snotty nose that had turned to green rather than clear. I was pretty sure that it was an ear infection mainly because he did not want me sticking the thermometer in his ear to take his temperature. Tuesday morning we saw Dr. Brantley and it definitely was an ear infection in BOTH ears. We got some amoxicillin and it seemed to kick in immediately! Thank goodness. I was very nervous about giving him this since I am allergic. The only side effects have been loose stools and a nasty rash on his hiney -- either from the loose stools or yeast from the antibiotic. He seems to be doing much better although his nose is still running. His appetite has returned somewhat and the nights have been quieter.
Last night we went to see Holly perform in a musical. She did so awesome and the whole thing was very entertaining and very well done! Elijah loved the music and people! Some how he managed to fall asleep near the end despite the very loud music, clapping, and screaming.
Today was another successful day for the Bishops! A 38-28 win over Shenandoah on senior day. One more conference game at Averett...this one will be for all of the marbles!

It amazes me that last year this time you and I were attending classes and trying our best to prepare for...well we really weren't that sure what we were preparing for. I am so glad that we have had a chance to compare notes over the last year. You are clearly an awesome mother that I to be able to share in this time with. Shortly it'll be all about Christmas and first birthdays : ) When are you having Elijah's party?
ReplyDelete