9.11.2010

Should be sleeping

A working mom of two under two...that is what I am these days.  Wow -- I never knew I could be so busy and so tired.  I often fall asleep typing up the next days Geometry lesson around 10:00 or 10:30 each night.

As tough as it can be sometimes, I know that this is exactly what was planned for us.  My children bring me absolute joy.  We are back home. We are close to grandmas and papas, aunties and uncles, cousins, and friends.  We have great jobs, a comfortable home, and lots of smiles. 

After a few weeks of school, I'm finally getting into a groove there and at home.  The kids at CFHS are great and I know that eventually I will love it there.  The Knights got a huge WIN last Saturday over ranked Monmouth.  Elijah can't stop talking about his daddy coaching football.  Winning seems to make all of the long hours and hard work worth it.

Madeline and Elijah are doing great at Miss Brooke's house.  I'm so thankful to have no worries as I drive to work each day because I know my kids are being well cared for and loved.  Elijah adores Brooke and absolutely loves to jump on the trampline.  Elijah amazes me with all that he knows. He is saying new words every day. He finally started to say "Yeah" instead of clapping his hands to signify "yes." He loves for me to tell him over and over about the things we do and see. Other than a recent ear infection, he's been happy and healthy.  He is definitley a boy and loves to climb, jump, and rough-house.  It is evident that he loves his sister more and more each day!

Madeline had her 2 month check up last week and weighed just under 13 pounds (94th%) and was 23 & 1/4 inches (83rd%).  She is smiling big smiles frequently and loves to chat.  She has been sleeping so well (often all night long).  I'm not sure I would be surviving if she wasn't such a good baby! 

I can't believe how quickly they both are changing and growing.  I'm trying to treasure all of the little moments that I have with each of them and with the two of them together.  I'm really glad that I'm able to pick them up by about 2:30 each day...it gives us time to spend together before the dinner and bedtime routines must begin.  The weather has been beautiful so we have enjoyed walks and playtime in the park. 

I will only post a few pictures for now as I really must get to bed!  We are headed to St. Peter, MN tomorrow with Papa to cheer on the Knights!  Okay...so I got carried away...

We love being KNIGHTS!
Attempt #4 to get all four kids to lay on a blanket in the park to take a picture. :-)
Oh so cute!
He loves everything about the park!  The slide, the swing, the bells, the river,
the ducks, the puppies that walk by, the....
A few pictures from Olivia and Luke's visit to Iowa! 
We had so much fun and miss the Taylor family so much!

Pictures from PAPA's birthday celebration...
Playing in the corn at the Bremer County fair...we talk about the
animals we saw at the fair ALL of the time!
Wow...what more can you say?
Our sweet little girl!
And our cute little boy!
Brother and Sister!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, that hat is DEFINITELY NOT too much! Why, if I were a fan, I would want to wear it, too! We miss you guys. Maddy is gorgeous and looks like you. Kat

    ReplyDelete