4.11.2010

Finally an update with BIG news!

Well, I have been too busy (or at least that is my excuse anyway) to blog ... it has been nearly two months now. Perhaps it has something to do with my last post being of Elijah walking! I've been trying to keep up with him ever since and am exhausted when he finally goes night night!

OR perhaps it is the fact that our life is in the midst of BIG changes. Most people know the story by now...Matt has accepted the job of Offensive Coordinator at Wartburg! We are so excited to be moving HOME! Matt has been gone for a week and a half now. Elijah and I are planning to join him in early to mid June!

We are definitely missing daddy! As hard as this will be for me...I can't imagine being in Matt's shoes...away from Elijah for a couple of months. We are hoping he can come back for a weekend in a couple of weeks. It is hard to know what Elijah thinks of him not being around. He definitely anticipates his arrival anytime we talk about him. Matt bought web cams before he left and we've been able to Skype twice now. Pretty cool and definitely more beneficial for EJ than a just a phone. Today he repeatedly threw a ball at the computer to Matt. :-) Here are some precious pictures of my boys before Matt left...


There has been lots to do, a lot has been accomplished, and there is still LOTS to do! There are so many details when you are making a big move like this. Throw in the fact that I'm 27 weeks pregnant and that makes things even more interesting. :-)

In the midst of the excitement, I must say that I will be sad to leave our current home -- our house, our jobs, our friends, and those friends that have become like family. This is where Matt and I and now Matt, Elijah, and I have become a family -- this has been our HOME as a family. We've made WONDERFUL memories here and it will ALWAYS hold a special place in our hearts! I can't tell you how fortunate we've been to have been surrounded by wonderful people in our six years in Rocky Mount.

Speaking of our home...it recently got a paint job in preparation for selling and it looks great! We've had one showing and it will go on the market tomorrow. Here is a picture I took this weekend...And here is a picture of our family before Matt left...oh my goodness...I forgot to include Belle in my spiel above! She was the center of our world until Jan. 16th, 2009 ... she now takes the back burner but takes it well! :-) We don't love her any less though!

Spring break is officially over starting tomorrow morning. :-( I've had a productive week and a very fun couple of weekends with my sweet little boy! Today we went to the park...he loved the swings, the slide, and the basketball court! Poor kid wanted desperately to get the basketball up to the big basket. We needed daddy to lift him up though so he settled for mommy making a couple of baskets for him. :-) I took a few pictures of him yesterday playing outside .... enjoy!


Pretty petunias! And an adorable boy!He does so well with the flowers too...exhibits such self control by not picking them! He puts his hand right up to them and gently touches but is not destructive. :-)


Oopsie...I fell. That happens a lot these days. It made for a nice picture though!
Here is Elijah with his favorite thing in the whole world...his basketballs, football, and blue ball! He loves to collect them and sit with them on this step. He will then throw them, kick them, or swat them and ask mommy to chase after them. If she won't then he will. :-)One last thing...I have lots of pictures to post from the last couple of months but plan to back date the posts so don't forget to check them out too...whenever they get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment